The number of registered
animals is growing every day
Published: Mar 18, 2020
We have recently launched the WORLDPETNET platform, which is a registry of national databases of electronically marked animals from around the world.
· IT IS A DATABASE FOR ALL DATABASES around the world, local and national, containing information about marked animals.
· It is a central registry that enables you to find any animal registered in a partner database, without having to trawl individual databases.
· It is an opportunity to collect all information about marked animals in one, freely available place, making identification easier and faster.
· To optimise animal identification and owner search times, helping animals return home as fast as possible!
· Speed, simplicity and accurate identification for every marked animal.
· An intuitive interface and a partnership based on clear rules, without any restricting obligations.
· A simplified, online-only partnership and verification procedure – no need to send us any paper documents.
· There are no restrictions, sanctions or stringent requirements, financial or otherwise; you can join WORLDPETNET for free as a national or local database.
· The personal data contained in every member database are protected using the best software solutions available and will not be processed for purposes other than those specified above.
· Adding marked animal registries is not subject to any restrictions or requirements regarding the type of numeric code used, for example.
In recent years, many borders have opened for people and their animal companions, enabling them to travel and change their places of residence. A great many animals also find new homes far away from where they were born, and local and national databases fail to enable their users to search for animals which have left the country.
Considering the scale of human migration today, limiting animal identification to one country is no longer effective. Worldpetnet is the first platform in the world to take on the challenge of unifying and centralising all databases of electronically marked animals by building a global database. Become a partner and help us co-create a solution which many owners, breeders, animal care organisations and veterinarians have been waiting for.
Worldpetnet goes beyond nationalities, countries, places of origin or residence – its overarching goal is to create a list of marked animals without borders.
Having access to the data of registered animals and their owners makes identifying pets from around the world both quick and easy, guaranteeing that the owner can be found regardless of where they live or are right now. The microchip search engine checks all WPN partner databases, and users do not need to know in which particular database an animal is registered.
Centralising microchip numbers contained in individual partner databases will not only facilitate the identification process, but also increase the attractiveness of member databases, serving as free promotion and advertisement. Our solutions ensure that a missing animal can be found and quickly returned home, which is why every well-informed owner or breeder will want to register their pets in a database which guarantees safety regardless of where they are.
Marking animals with a microchip is the most durable, effective and completely safe method of quick and reliable identification. Every transponder (chip) has a unique number which enables instant identification of the animal and its owner, helping them reunite faster. However, it is important to remember that a chip is just a transponder with an encoded number. It is not a tracking device and contains no data about the animal or the owner! Therefore, in order to identify a chipped dog or cat, it is necessary that a microchip be registered in a national marked animal database...Read more
Cat / Dog missing – Looking for purebred animals. Every day many pet owners have to deal with their animals going missing. There are... read more >>
Sometimes, even though we have done everything we could and are very cautious, we fail to protect our pets from going missing or running... read more >>
All kinds of information have been making rounds about the SARS-CoV-2 virus, and the media has been bombarding us with increasingly worrying news about... read more >>
Read this letter to Santa and think twice before you give someone a living animal! Dear Santa. . My name is Gift and I... read more >>
While us humans rejoice when winter finally arrives, happy that we can enjoy its many attractions, our four-legged friends may often find it to... read more >>
Winter continues its relentless attack - snow and cold its weapons of choice. This time of the year is a difficult period for stray... read more >>