If your pet has gone missing, that probably means that you are distraught. We will help you take steps to increase your chance of finding it.
Here's what you should do first.
1. First off... try to stay calm! Carefully check the place where you lost your pet or where you suspect it could have gone or run away, such as the places where you most frequently go on walks.
2. Inform your neighbours and other people in your area about your pet going missing.
3. If your animal has a microchip, make sure it is registered in your country's database of electronically marked animals. Choose a database which is integrated with WORLDPETNET.
4. Post a missing pet ad. Use our missing pet section – ALERT PET IS LOST; you can also post ads in your local newspaper and on notice boards in your area and in the area where your pet went missing. It is also a good idea to make posts on special groups on social media. Remember to add your pet's up-to-date photo as knowledge of its appearance will be necessary to identify it.
5. Visit your local veterinary clinics; inform veterinarians about your pet going missing, leave printed ads with your pet's photos, a description of the circumstances and place in which it went missing and your contact data.
6. Report your missing pet to the local authorities responsible for animal welfare and provide them with all the necessary information.
7. Regularly contact your local animal shelter to check if they have not found your pet, leave them your contact information.
8. Check classified advertisements websites and be on the lookout for animals for sale. Remember that not every finder is an honest person, and animals are often stolen with intent to profit! It is also possible that the person who has found your pet will post a classified ad looking for the owner.